Pro QC’s global team includes quality professionals specializing in the hardlines (hard goods) industry. With local knowledge, industry-specific training and hands-on experience, we provide solutions that help reduce cost and ensure the quality and timely delivery of your purchase orders.
With over three decades of experience, we offer expertise in a wide range of hardlines categories. Examples include:
- Electrical & Lighting
- Gifts & Premiums
- Home & Garden
- Industrial & Construction
- Sporting Equipment & Fitness
- Toys & Baby Gear
We provide the following quality solutions:
Factory (Supplier) Audits
Whether you’re evaluating new partners, or focused on continuous improvement with existing suppliers, Pro QC’s auditors provide timely, detailed feedback regarding process and capability. Our audit reports provide critical insight useful for decision-making.
- Initial Supplier Evaluations
- ISO 9001 – Quality Management System Audits
- SA8000 – Social Accountability Audit (CSR)
- EICC Social Audits
- ISO 14001 – Environmental Audits (Sustainability)
- C-TPAT – Security Audits
- Manufacturing Process Audits
Product Inspections & Testing
Pro QC’s quality engineers leverage their experience and use client-specific product specifications to evaluate orders on-site. Depending on our clients’ needs, we use ANSI Z1.4 sampling to perform pre-production, in-process and pre-shipment quality inspections. We accommodate full-time, part-time or single man-day on-site projects as necessary.
A QC inspection of hardlines products typically includes:
- Visual / Workmanship Evaluation
- Functional Evaluation (Hi-Pot Electrical Testing, Assembly, Etc.)
- Packaging Integrity Evaluation (ISTA 1A Drop-Test)
- Labeling Verification
Commonly noted major, minor or critical quality defects discovered during hardlines inspections includes:
- Defects in appearance, such as dents, scratches, stains, etc.
- Defects with the warranty or other product inserts missing or incorrect
- Defects concerning missing parts or components
- Defects concerning the electrical listing data label as missing or incorrect
- Defects with polybags that are not marked with applicable child suffocation warnings
- Defects concerning function where the product does not operate as specified
- Defects concerning loose, broken or other poorly fitting components
- Defects concerning safety, such as sharp edges, exposed wires, poorly packaged batteries, etc.
Pro QC’s testing laboratory provides valuable feedback regarding product function and safety. Frequent testing of hardlines items performed in-house includes:
- Sample Evaluation & Criteria Development
- HRC Surface Hardness Testing (Rockwell Hardness)
- CMM Testing (Portable & In-House)
- Wheel Abrasion Testing
- Electric Home Appliances Testing
- Electric Power Tools Testing
- Heavy Metal Detection
- Lead Content Screening
- Paint Adhesion Testing
- Wood Moisture Testing
- Environmental & Weathering Testing (Salt Spray, Temperature, Etc.)
Depending on the product and intended market, Pro QC uses applicable international standards such as ASTM, CAN/CAS, IEC, ISO, ANSI, etc. to ensure requirements are met.
Why partner with Pro QC International for hardlines quality solutions?
Contact us for more information.
Access More Info: